Janeybell

Monday, July 23, 2012

A {Suprise}

A few weeks ago I received an email from Melanie Schulenberg of Pockets of Inspiration Blog, asking me if I was interested in joining the Creative Take Design Team for the Paper Crafters Sampler (PCS). The PCS is a monthly online magazine for Stampin' Up! customers and demonstrators and is filled to the brim with ideas and inspriation using Stampin' Up! products.
Included int he magazine is a template, designed by Melanie to create your own 3D object, and it's my job :D, to have a play with the templates and see if I can create something a little different and HOPEFULLY inspire you in the process :D.

I have to admit to being in shock for a while after I'd read Melanie's email... I wasn't sure if she'd sent it to the wrong person.. hahah..

The template I've worked on first is fromt he July Issue , which is filled with Summer inspiration and BRIGHT colours. Although, for me it's actually in the middle of winter, it's always nice to pick up some bright colours and play.

If you'd like to subscribe and receive your own electronic copy of the July Paper Crafters Sampler then just click here.

The template Melanie has given me to work with is a Lollipop Podium, and this is what I came up with:-




I've got an idea for something else using the same template and hope to have that up for you to see sometime this week, so do pop on back to see .

I've used a combination of fabric (Flirtatious) and Designer Series Paper to create my butterflies and then pop them all through my Big Shot using my Beautiful Butterflies die. I used my Doily Triple Layer punch to create the Wisteria Wonder flower on the front and made some 'grass' using my paper snips and some Lucky Limeade Cardstock. Some buttons, Brads and Satin ribbon finish it off quite nicely I think, and it's definately something I can see me making more of, especially as I have two little girls who ALWAYS need pretty party ideas!! :D

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sarah


4 Comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is absolutely adorable.

PocketsOfInspiration said...

You did a fantastic job!

Nikki Spencer said...

Gorgeous! love the flower and lush satin bow.

Karen Giron said...

Seriously, girl! These little butterfly treats are gorgeous! Congrats!!