Janeybell

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thinking Trendy!!!

You have to go over to the lovely and amazingly talented Karen's Blog and check out her absolutely GORGEOUS, STUNNING and FABULOUS card!!!!! Oh my goodness... the minute... nope the second I saw this card, I just... well I'm still speechless and I still have to sneak on over to her place to have another looksie. Did you see the Bow... isn't it just the most perfect little bow you've ever seen??? Even more amazing is that while Karen was tying said bow she was actually chatting with me at the same time... I told you she was clever!!! (Hello there Karen... I'm waving at you.. haha)

I loved this card soooo much that I told Karen I was definately going to have to CASE it... well I did, But I also told her that I'd do it in a different colour scheme... and I did that too... so do you want to see what I did? By no means is it anywhere near as lovely as Karen's but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I mean, how can you go wrong with such a LOVELY stamp set like Trendy Trees. It's by far one of my most favourite sets.

Ok... well here it is:-


I've used Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery and Garden Green as my colour scheme. Let me begin by saying that I have NEVER used Apricot Appeal or Garden Green before, so if nothing else, I'm very proud of myself for that. hahaha.

The row of trees is stamped in Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette and the sentiment also from Trendy Trees is in Close to Cocoa. I used some delicious Regal Rose Wide Grosgrain Ribbon and tied my own Bow, again, doesn't even come close to Karen's little bundle of 'bow perfection' but not too bad considering my game of netball today saw me end up with not only an extremely sore hip but a lovely cork to my calf, so sitting is somewhat painful, and tying a bow... well that can be even more painful!!! hahaha. Sorry I am digressing,.. the button is from the Buttons Latte collection. The row of trees on the bottom of the card are stamped in Regal Rose.

I hope you like it and I'm sure you will just ADORE Karen's version. It truly is Perfection!!!

Thanks for dropping by and I'll be back soon with more.

Sarah
x

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Trendy Trees
Ink:- Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa

Card:- Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Certainly Celery DSP, Garden Green DSP
Accessories:- Buttons Latte, Regal Rose Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals.

14 Comments:

Karen Giron said...

What a delicious treat to see this morning! You did a FAB-ulous job with the card, and that bow, that bow is wonderful! I told you it was easy to loop. :) I think I like your colors even better!

LeAnne said...

I saw Karen's card earlier and loved it, and thought, gee, I wonder if it would look weird in pink, cuz I really wanna do a pink tree card----and here it is!! TADA!! I love it---I am going to have to case YOURS! So pretty with these colors!
LeAnne

Jenn said...

Beautiful! :) I love that bow...you did a fabulous job with it! ;) I also love the color comob and the papers you chose...very pretty! :)

debbies said...

Very pretty colors and your bow is awesome!

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Sarah! Who knew that Apricot Appeal and Garden Green could look so good??!! Love your creation.

KatieTurtle said...

I would give yourself some credit! I think your card is fabulous (including the bow) and I think you have a great style!

Leigh said...

I love this card. Also love Karen's card too.

Caroline said...

Wow - this is fab & you're right, the bow is fantastic...off to see Karen's now!

Chantelle said...

Wow Karen, this card is GORGEOUS. You've done a fabulous job - Trendy Tree's are so cute. Well done.

Lou said...

Oh Sarah I haven't been for a vist for a while and you have been so busy with all these challenges! Everything is gorgeous and promise to call in more often!
Lou

Jean McKenzie said...

Sarah, this card is just striking and gorgeous! I love the colour combo now I have seen it used like you did. Love all your work!

Liam said...

This card is just stunning. I love it. I don't like the trendy trees stamp set all that much but this card convinces me to buy it. Lovely job.

Liam

Ann said...

Gorgeous! LOVE these colors and the LO is fab!

Cindy Major said...

I am loving your blog! Wouldn't have thought to use pink for those trees, but it looks so cute! Love the beautiful ribbon bow you've added in there :)

Cindy