Janeybell

Monday, March 23, 2009

Want to see what I've been doing????

Just thought I'd pop in and show you oh so quickly what I've been up to recently.

I'm organising a Baby Shower for my darling sister and opted (of course) to make her Baby Shower invites as well as all the prizes and any other bits and bobs needed for the special day. Sooo....I had this idea in my head for some cute little invites, thinking that I wanted to keep it nice and simple... well hold on to your hats because I'm about to show you my idea of 'SIMPLE'..... (not!!!).


Quite the simple little exercise when you are creating just one invitation, not the 26 or so that I have had to do. Here is the pic of all the little animals from my FAVE 'Wild About You' set... they are absolutely adoarable aren't they... so now can you see how I just couldn't resist... hahaha

And here is a little close up of the little lion... YES that is THREE different layers on his head... CRAZY I know!!!!

Now that I've stamped them and cut them all out, It's time to assemble the invitations... so be sure to pop back soon, to see the finished product.. I SOOOOOO hope they turn out how i've imagined them and I hope that KJ loves them too.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sarah
xx

Here's what I used:-

Stamps:- Wild About You
Card:- Whisper White
Ink:- Soft Sky, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories:- Choc Chip Marker, Dimensionals and Paper Snips (gotta just LOVE these!!!!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

What??!! you didn't make a dummy one first? haha? They are so cute!! I love this set too. Can't wait to see the finished product. I remember making baby announcements for my sister, made 30, she loved them so much asked me to make 30 more!! CrissCross cards no less!! I am still using up all my offcuts and my niece is nearly 18 months old!! haha.

Thanks for sharing Sarah-Jane!!

Caroline
xx

Alana Galagher said...

Oh my, you are a good sister. Can't wait to see the finished product as all the little animals look great :-)

Karen said...

Hi Sarah!! My jaw just dropped looking at all those bits cut out! lol

What a gorgeous thing to do for your sister and wow!! the finished product is just gorgeous!! Love it - you should be so proud!

Karen

Anonymous said...

The lion is soooooooooooooo adorable!!! I don't envy you having to cut all the animals out, but it was so worth it. :)